The activity presents four main purposes:
- To create a space of shared knowledge on issues regarding modern day Journalism / Mass Media production through conferences, seminars and workshops with a group of highly motivated students, professionals and teachers
- To allow students from the Abat Oliba CEU University and students from other participating universities to understand the developments of Journalism / Mass Media issues and concerns in today’s professional and academic environment
- To allow a space of mutual acquaintance, debate and collaboration between Journalism / Mass Media teachers and professionals from different international universities on academic and professional issues related to Journalism and Mass Media practices and education
- To generate international contacts with experts and academics in the area of Journalism / Mass Media in order to promote common research and exchange projects
All the activities will be done in English with a public of Journalism and Mass Media students, professionals and teaching personnel from the Abat Oliba CEU University and other participant universities.
What are the topics of this years International Journalism Week?
- Journalism / Mass Media production: transformations and new tendencies in Journalism news production; photojournalism and infographics; new tendencies in Mass Media production and narratives, etc.
- Journalism / Mass Media theory and effects: Journalism and Mass Media theory and social effects; social networks and social / behavioural issues; intercultural communication and Mass Media; new paradigms in audiences and publics, etc.
- Journalism / Mass Media and new technologies: new frontiers of digital Journalism, Mass Media and Social Networks, online reporting, citizen journalism, etc.
- Journalism / Mass Media and design: graphic and infographic design practices and tendencies; journal, review and new technology design, best practices, etc.
- Information / Mass Media entrepreneurship: new tendencies in information and Mass Media business; tendencies and best practices in information entrepreneurship, etc.
How to participate:
Send an email to the Vicedean of Journalism studies of the Abat Oliba CEU University, Prof. Joan Andreu Rocha Scarpetta (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information:
- Full name(s) of participant(s)
- University, Department and Faculty that is being represented
- Brief CV (no more than five lines) indicating studies, teaching / professional experience,
publications (if any) and personal interests (this CV will be used to present the participant during
the weeks activities and in information material)
- Contact details (complete address, email and contact phone number)
- Title of the conference / workshop that would be offered
- Copy (in digital format) of the participants passport or National Identity Card
A formal invitation letter will be sent to the participant in digital and paper format.
No related posts.